music player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

The pump is sucking the milk, AND the life out of me!!!!!!

Seriously, I mean come on SERIOUSLY......this SUCKS, literally and figuratively. I am DONE with the pump!!!!!!!!!! I have pumped before yes, when Viola was first born she had lost over 10 percent of her body weight so they made me pump and supplement her with the tube hooked to my breast. I then did this for a few weeks at home but never had to do it continuously throughout the day or anything. I then pumped when I went back to work and pumped a couple times a day. I actually liked pumping cause it gave me an extra little break at work where I could read a book and be alone in my own thoughts througout the day so I never had a pumping aversion per say..........but it is so different now, oh so different. The other day, Viola was holding the peice that attaches to my breast and we were going to go upstairs to take a bath, the phone rings, and suddenly I am in pumping HELL as when I went to go find the peice it was no where to be found. But I need this peice in order to pump, and if I wait til the morning to go buy it my boobs will be exploding and my body will think that my baby does not need as much, and my supply will go down and then I will lose all hope of breastfeeding Thurston when he comes home AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH. This is the mental state of a preemie pumping mom. Its exhausting. Let me give you my daily senario. I get up, I pump. I wash pumping peices. I have coffee. I give Viola breakfast and sometimes me(I know I know I need to eat). I chase her around the house to get her dressed, I get me dressed etc. al. and we are ready to go out the door to........oh wait is it really almost time for me to pump again.....damn time flies when your trying to get ready to go somewhere. Ok so I pump again. Ok lets go Viola cause we only have a short time before we have to come back home for me to pump again. We fly like witches on broomsticks, go out, do our thing and then.....holy crap batman I am going to be late for my next pumping.....get home....oh crap I forgot to wash the parts.....run upstairs...wash parts.....shake them dry.....viola come over here let me read you a book...pumping again...............
This goes on until Chad gets home and i go see my sweet boy. Come home and pump. Then there is all the labeling, pouring into bags, freezing, calculating my daily output..........pant pant pant......

Really its actually exhausting. The part I hate the most is the sticky residue that gets left behind after I strip the lable off. I have tried baby oil and that was a fun slippery mess. I am afraid to try that goo gone stuff cause of all of the chemicals and I am afraid the chemicals will seep into the plastic and contaminate the milk..........
Now I am imagining doing this after Thurston comes home GULP.............This is also why I am determined to get him on the boob!!!!!!!!! I am petrified of how I am going to handle all of that and taking care of two kids, one of whom will probably be on oxygen and apnea/brady monitor and medications galore. Must....take....to....breast...............

......by the way, after an hour and a half of searching, I finally found the peice in a kitchen drawer......my sweet daughter had thought she was being a big girl putting it away where it goes....that melted my heart!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. wow you are mother as mother was intended, bless you sweet lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Anja....my Donna was meant to be Mommy. xxoo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not have laughed harder. Guess what I am doing right now? Pumping - AGAIN! And, I hate the gooey stuff too. After all the pumping, the nurse messed up calculating the other day and mixed too much fresh milk with all the protein and fortifiers, so it expired. That means they threw out the milk that I spend all my time pumping! Argghhhh!

    ReplyDelete