music player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Rough Week

So I knew the honeymoon would be over quickly, as everyone was so pleased with thurstons progress, but things went downhill and he has had a rough few days. He is getting a million mucos plugs in his lungs and is severely atelectic(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atelectasis). His xray looked worse than before and he has needed a lot more oxygen and is trouble keeping his saturations in the 90s. I truly hope things turn around soon, he gets his first trach change tomorrow and then they can lay off of the sedation meds and hopefully he can start moving around more. He is pretty miserable right now and completely agitated. This definitely was one of my greatest fears of the trach surgery, the week after was supposed to be pretty tough, and it makes me wonder if we made the right choice. Only time will tell........

Update..just called the hospital and now they think he has a bacterial infection/upper respiratory and he is on anti-biotics, pretty much all my trach fears are coming to fruition...my kid has never had a single illness his entire life, only aspiration, not one little sniffle, nothing. UGH!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear that he is sick. I will be saying extra prayers for him to fight off the infection and have a speedy recovery. Stay strong. I have followed your family's story for a while now. Thanks for blogging. Your son is an inspiration to many.

    Gina in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete