music player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just like Heaven.......24,25,26 weeks........

So my Mommy flew in to be with us for three weeks. Yea!!!!!!! I was so happy that instead of her being there to mourn with us that the news was so much better. We still were not sure what the outcome of all of this would be but we were definitley at a much better place. Did I ever tell you how amazing my mother is!!!!!!!! That Monday I had another appointment, and things just kept getting better and better. Blood flow looked awesome and my doctor told me that at this point, it would be best if I went on strict bed rest. She also told me to take a baby aspirin and I had to give myself injections to thin my blood in hopes to help the placenta continue to do its damn job, stupid misbehaving placenta!!!!!!. ( I was diagnosed with placental insufficiency and my son had IUGR, or intrauterine growth restriction because he was not getting the nutritents he had needed). My fluid levels went up again and by the 26th week were almost back to normal. I just thought for sure if I could keep up it up, that we might make it to at least 34 weeks. My doctor was also hopeful. I had asked her about the outcome in these cases, and she said she had no idea because unfortunately most women dont make it this far.......in other words they either lose the baby by now, or unfortunately, they decide to induce earlier on. That still haunts me to this day. What if we had decided to.......nope cant let myself go there......we DIDNT decide and I am so grateful for that decision every day of my life..............

No comments:

Post a Comment